03120588944 (Call between 10 am to 10 pm)
042-32020795 (Call between 11 am to 8 pm)
When it comes to laser hair removal machines you will find many options in Pakistan. The four most common types of lasers found in our dermatology clinics here in Pakistan are:
- IPL (intense-pulsed light) which is not a laser technically
- Alexandrite Laser
- Diode Laser
- Nd:YAG Laser
Intense pulsed light IPL is the cheapest laser you can get in the market and it is also probably the worst to do a laser hair removal with in Pakistani/Indian skin type. It can leave you with hyperpigmentation while removing hairs. It is also the reason why so many people are scared to get a laser done because someone they know had an IPL done on them thinking it was laser and had a side-effect from it. You should never get an IPL done for a laser hair removal.
Alexandrite Laser This laser type was introduced for patients having lighter skin tone with dark hair, preferably the western skin type. Side-effects may include skin burn and hyperpigmentation. Very precise settings are required for this laser to be effective in our Pakistani skin-type.
Diode Laser Diode is considerably newer technique. It was developed to treat large body areas like chest or abdomen but it doesn’t have enough literature or data in our Pakistani skin type to be considered a safe laser.
Nd:YAG Laser Nd:YAG laser is the best hair removal laser system for our Pakistani/Indian skin type and has almost no side effects. It is the system on which most of the studies were done for testing our Pakistani skin tone type. We at Clinique Dermatologie use the best Nd:YAG Candela GentleYAG Laser System, made in USA.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is Nd:Yag laser hair removal safe? Yes, it is absolutely safe and done around the world on Pakistani/Indian skin types. Candela Gentle YAG is also the same laser system used in John Hopkins, University of Michigan and UCLA Medical Center for Asian skin type.
- Is Nd:YAG laser hair removal painful? We use numbing creams and the laser has built-in cooling system for the pain to be minimal.
- How many laser treatments will I need? Usually 4 to 6 treatments will result in permanent hair removal, but some people may require up to 12 depending on the skin type and texture of hairs.
- What are your charges for laser hair removal? Charges vary depending on which body area you are getting treated. It can range from 3,000 PKR per session for just lips to 1,50,000 PKR for full body hair removal.
Follow these guidelines to make sure your target area is prepared before you visit us in clinic: https://www.skinfudge.com/pre-treatment-instructions-for-laser-hair-removal/