ThermiVa is an FDA-approved, non-surgical, and non-invasive vaginal rejuvenation procedure utilizing radiofrequency (RF) energy. This advanced treatment is designed to target various concerns related to the vaginal and vulvar areas, providing both functional and aesthetic benefits. Here's a detailed guide highlighting essential facts about ThermiVa:
- ThermiVa employs a specialized wand-like device to deliver controlled radiofrequency (RF) energy. This energy gently heats the vaginal and vulvar tissues, stimulating collagen production and tissue tightening.
- ThermiVa primarily aims to enhance vaginal tightness, improve vaginal lubrication, heighten sensitivity, and address issues of urinary incontinence. It also contributes to mitigating mild prolapse and overall vaginal health.
- An appealing feature of ThermiVa is its non-surgical nature, offering a painless experience for most individuals. The procedure is considered comfortable, typically not requiring anesthesia.
- Each ThermiVa session usually lasts between 30 to 45 minutes, making it a convenient option for individuals with busy schedules. Most individuals undergo a series of treatments for optimal results.
- ThermiVa typically involves no downtime, allowing individuals to resume their regular activities immediately after the procedure. Post-treatment restrictions are usually minimal.
- Treatment plans are personalized following a consultation with a healthcare professional, considering individual concerns, objectives, and overall health.
- ThermiVa proves effective in addressing multiple concerns, including vaginal laxity, dryness, effects of childbirth, diminished sexual satisfaction, and mild urinary incontinence.
- ThermiVa is regarded as safe and has obtained clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for both aesthetic and dermatological purposes.
- A thorough consultation with a qualified healthcare professional is essential before opting for ThermiVa. Discussing medical history, expectations, and potential concerns is crucial.
- Achieving optimal results often entails a series of ThermiVa treatments spaced a few weeks apart. Periodic maintenance sessions may be recommended to sustain the outcomes.
ThermiVa has gained popularity as a non-invasive solution for individuals seeking to enhance vaginal health and aesthetics without resorting to surgery. However, consulting a healthcare provider is vital to ascertain the appropriateness of ThermiVa based on individual circumstances.
Disclaimer: This information is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and treatment.
- Chasan, P. E., & Marmon, L. M. (2016). Noninvasive Radiofrequency for Skin Tightening and Body Contouring. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 137(5), 1415-1425.
- Wissinger, C. G., & Wissinger, J. P. (2018). Radiofrequency in Cosmetic Dermatology: A Review. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, 17(3), 307-313.
- Alster, T. S., & Tanzi, E. L. (2017). Noninvasive Radiofrequency for Skin Tightening and Body Contouring. In Non-Surgical Treatment of the Aging Neck (pp. 183-190). Springer