Microneedling in Lahore: Acne Scar Treatment Options
What is micro-needling and its uses?
Microneedling is used for reduction in wrinkles, acne scars and facial rejuvenation. Microneedling or collagen induction therapy, is minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a device that contains fine needles to create fine micro-holes into your skin. This initiates the skin’s natural ability to heal itself producing elastin and collagen that tightens the skin and reduces uneven skin surface.
Microneedling is most often used to target:
- acne scars
- age spots (also called “sun spots”)
- fine lines and wrinkles
- large pores
- other types of scars
- reduced skin elasticity
- uneven skin tone
What is micro-needling with PRP (platelets rich plasma)?
Your plasma (blood) is very rich in growth factors and these growth factors are injected into your skin to stimulate it to produce collagen. Addition of PRP can give enhanced results as compared to just microneedling alone. The collagen stimulation takes place approximately 2 to 4 weeks post procedure.
These results will develop over the course of weeks or months, depending how many treatments you have. Treatment for acne scars and stretch marks are typically done two weeks apart and the doctor may recommend from four to six treatments. Anti aging single treatment every three months is the gold standard.
Who cannot get microneedling?
You may not be an ideal candidate if you:
- are pregnant
- have certain skin diseases, such as psoriasis or eczema.
- have open wounds
- have had radiation therapy recently
- have a history of keloids.
Preparing for microneedling
Stop using all retinoid creams and NSAIDs at least 3 days before the procedure. 6 hours prior to your procedure don’t apply make-up or any creams.
Microneedling vs. home rollers
Home-rollers are not safe to use because:
- They are an older technology based on derma-rollers, which is now obsolete.
- After usage blood sticks to it making it idealistic habitat for bacteria to grow, making it prone for causing infections.
- Needles of the home rollers will start bending after single usage and cause more pain if not renewed.